CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, February 9, 2009

natural beauty: bentonite clay




hiya beauties! so i bought bentonite clay (Aztec brand from Whole Foods) to do a detoxification and deep cleansing for my hair and scalp. well i ran across a post on bgwlh where she had used it for a facial cleanser. my skin has really suffered at the hands of this cold/flu bug that i had and since i had to put an appearance at the masjid and at my sisters' house i thought i'd give it a go. i took about a teaspoon of the clay and mixed with enough water to make a paste and i scrubbed my face with it. i rinsed it off in the shower and i have to tell you i was quite pleased with the subtle glow my skin had! this will be an addition to my skincare regimen for sure.

if you do a search on youtube you will find a plethora of videos on bentonite clay!!!



image from anita grant (check out her goodies)

2 comments:

Amina said...

1 )are you an anita girl? I loove her goodies!

I also love bentonite clay. I haven't tried it on my face yet...

Hijabi Apprentice said...

I am totally an Anita Grant girl!! I haven't bought anything in a while but her products are awesome.

You must try the clay on your face.