CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, February 4, 2009

It's Me, Dynamic Radiance



As Salaam Alaikum Beautiful Ummah Fashionistas!

So I guess it's my turn to introduce myself. If you would, take a moment and imagine the intro drum line from Diva Diana Ross' "I'm Coming Out" song (as background music)....First, I am thrilled to be working with fabulous muslimahs who take beautification seriously. I can only imagine what fun it will be to share my beautifying advertures with you.

So....here's a little about me:
Known as a very loyal line consumer, I love the craft of face and body art. Growing up in the theatre, I've experimented with many cosmetic lines, products, and styles. Here are some of my favorites:

Face: The best moisturizer (not most healthful) is Vaseline. I also like Oil of Olay Day Moisturizer. For cleanser, I use Neutrogena's Oil Free Acne Wash. It must work because I've never had acne and have been using it since I was 16.

Foundation: Die hard MAC Studio Fix Liquid and Powder fan http://www.maccosmetics.com/. (note: women of color, MAC has a selection for you. Other lines claim the ability to provide a perfect match for most complexions, but do not. Try MAC if you're struggling with a foundation that is too ashy, shiny, light or just not right.) One more plug for MAC foundation-if you're preparing for a professional photo shoot or just taking pictures with your digital camera, try MAC's Studio Mist Airbrush Foundation. Talk about perfection!

Cheeks: MAC Sweet As Cocoa for Winter
NARS Cream Blush in Cactus Flower for Spring
Chanel Bronze Universal Del Chanel Sun Illuminator for a light Summer shimmer. (Good old faithful is MAC Bronzer in Golden Bronze)
Urban Decay Exhale and Fetish for subtle color in the Fall

Eyes: Hands down for mascara-Lancome Defincils in Deep Black. Close runner up is Maybelline Great Lash in Very Black. Trust me, I've tried them all.
Benefit has a decent concealer. I've used Boi-ing in the past but you will need a very skilled pinky to apply. I think I'll share my eyeshadow favorites over time since there are too many to list. I have fallen for the HIP (high intensity pigments) eyecolor offered by L'Oreal. The colors are rich and so much fun to use and blend. I've also found that HIP eyecolors work well when paired with other brand colors. But it's all in the blending technique. At this moment, I crave to wear bold Beckoning to the office. (yeah right)
Oh! You should definitely try Mary Kay's liquid eyeliner with the felt tip applicator.
On eyebrows-whatever you do, just make sure they're neat. Period.

Lips: My lip color selections are an interesting phenomenon. I waffle between little to no color with shine and rich, deep hues. I live in a colder (notice I didn't say coldest) part of New York, so it's more about moisturization then glam this time of year. I currently wear Victoria's Secret Beauty Rush lip gloss in I Want Candy, although I have 22 of the 24 shades. My secret all time favorite color is Chanel's VAMP. It's such a...1995 throwback...so MJB's Not Gonna Cry vid...so mysterious...goth...and totally halal sexy.

Favorite Scent: Again, it's seasonal for me. But during winter, Michael Eau Du Parfum by Michael Kors, is magnificent. It's light, refreshing, and distinct.

Hair Product: Carol's Daughter Tui Herbal Hair Smoothie does wonders for my hair. Especially since I'm "inclement weather hair" challenged.

Internal beauty: Daily Dose of Salat, 5 times a day. Remembrance of Allah (swt), cardio exercise at least 3 times a week (chasing the kids doesn't count), and at least 15 minutes of uninterrupted silence every day.

I guess I could go on and on so I'll end here. There's definitiely more to come. So look for my Blush reality series commentary and "must try, must have" product of the month.
Looking for eye combo ideas, check out Medusa Makeup eye dust at http://medusamakeup.com. My fav is Red Baron.

3 comments:

Hijabi Apprentice said...

Salaam sis!!! Now you have me wanting to try: Chanel Bronze Universal Del Chanel Sun Illuminator! I'm off to chanel.com.

Umm Amirah said...

ASA lady. Thanks for the ROLL CALL. LUV your pics...U LOVE that TUI don't chu. Well OYIN has opened up a store in B-more...we'll see how much love Carol's gets!!! lol

lala said...

awww, i love the internal beauty bulletin :)