CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, March 5, 2009

My Peel Last Night

So, I had a peel last night and I think that everyone should visit a spa and get one. Yesterday in class we were working on skin refinement. I got a glycolic peel for the first time. I was the demonstration for the class because I have thick skin. IT WAS AWESOME. It defiantly brightened my skin and reduced hyper pigmentation instantly. I can see even better results today than last night and my skin will continue to improve over the next few days.

Glycolic or Alphahydroxy peels remove all of the dead skin off the top layer of your skin called the horney layer. The skin that is left after the peel is neutralized is clean, polished and Rosy new skin. You must use a product with an SPF of 15 or higher after you get a peel otherwise you will undo your great results with sun damage. The chemical stung a little but it was so worth it. For home use, you should get a plant peel. Aveda offers a good one. Plant peels differ from chemical peels because the enzymes in the plant peel dissolve only dead cells where chemical peels dissolves everything.

Here are some tips for good home peels.

  1. Read and follow the instructions perfectly.
  2. Before you get started, make sure you have a mixture of baking soda and water near.
  3. Do not exfoliate before your peel, it makes the skin more sensitive.
  4. Do not rub your peel off, pat it off using the baking soda and water mixture to neutralize it.

Once the peel is neutralized it will stop working, simply using water may get the same results but it only weakens the peel and it reacts by slowly stopping.

My skin feels great! I will post a picture of the results as time goes by.

1 comments:

Hijabi Apprentice said...

Ooh!! I love peels! I used to get them regularly! Now I have a lactic peel that I do at home. Thanks for the tip about neutralizing with water and baking soda!!