CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, May 4, 2012

Updates: Modesty in Motion and Hijabi Fashion week


Salaams and Salutations,

 In 12 days...Beautiful Ummah will be taking it on the road. I will be going to Puerto Rico for a couple of days to celebrate the date of my Anniversary into the world!! Something different, something needed. I will be taking my computer and phone with me to document this long awaited trip.

I want to share with you the sights, sounds and modest fashions of the Island. I guess I'll create a new label: 'modesty in motion'. I mean that you can go on vacation and out of town and STILL uphold that level of modest you do at home. Regardless of temperature or surroundings. I have, on occasion, hears sister's say they don't wear hijab on 'Holiday' or while at the beach...I beg to differ. My girls dad saw a sister in a burquini in Hawaii. I mean It can be done..and be done creatively. *stepping down off soap box* 

Modest is not a box we live it....there are no boundaries. Blogging has shown me that it can be what I want it to be. I do not wear shorts, short sleeves or button down shirts..but I work it. So in 'modesty in motion' I will show you the key pieces I picked up from places like TJMAXX and JC Pennies. Structured blazers, long cardigans, maxi dresses and jumpsuits. I might be also picking up a new burqinis..so we shall see.


Remember that Hijabi Fashion Week is this month as well!!! BU will be participating. REALLY excited since I now have a new phone and picture quality is MUCH better than last year! #TeamiPhone Find out MORE info about Hijabi Fashion Week here. Watch this space May 28th, 2012 through June 3, 2012. Are you a 'Hijabi Fashionista'.....sign up and JOIN in.

Jummah Mabrook!!

B Beautiful
Umm Amirah

1 comments:

ZAPMAMA said...

<3 it....can't wait!