Ask me anything http://formspring.me/HijabiApprentic
Tuesday, December 29, 2009
Beauty by UmmAminahHonest at 2:02 PM
Friday, December 18, 2009
Salaams and Salutations beauties!!!!
Here is the finalized itinerary. If you live in the area we'd LOVE to see you at one or another place.
(January 15th thru the 18th)
7pm: Dinner at Folukie (zabiha)
1168 Bedford Ave (Putnam/Maddison) Brooklyn, NY 11216
Live jazz/ 'Get to Know You' games and goodies
Train to NYC Museums
'Mischelle's Choice'-- our resident artist taking us to her FAVS
Sightseeing in Manhatten
7pm- Tea Social
Beautiful Ummah NY State of Mind
Designer’s delight a Tea and social with NYC designers:
Al Musa Wear/ House of Jems
10am - (you make your own appointments)
D'Mai Urban Spa157 Fifth Ave (Lincoln/St Johns)
Park Slope, NY
3pm Lunch- Sylvia's
328 Lenox Ave
New York, NY
(they do have fish and vegitarian options for those who are stricktly zabiha)
10am- Trip to Al Mujalbab
**open just for this event**
Thursday, December 17, 2009
I have great news! The Sephora Store in Georgetown (M street and Thomas Jefferson Avenue) has a full Illamasqa display like the one in Times Square. I mean FULL DISPLAY! You can go in and try all of the products from that line and ask for samples to try them out at home. Just an FYI for my fellow product junkies. Umm Amirah and I have a date next week to go and check it out!
Beauty by UmmAminahHonest at 10:07 AM
Thursday, December 10, 2009
- Clarisonic: This is the truth! My skin is much nicer since I've been using it!
- Dermologica Pre-Cleanse: It's a yummy smelling oil based pre cleanser that removes makeup and softens the skin.
- MAC Lovejoy Mineralized blush
- YSL Touche Eclait highlighter #3
- MAC 187 brush
- Qhemet Biologic Alma Olive Heavy Cream: Perfect for dry and thirsty hair.
- Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer
- Pure Luxe Nutmeg eyeshadow
- Revlon Colorstay Liquid Liner in black
- Shiseido White Lucent Facial Cleanser
Beauty by Hijabi Apprentice at 5:27 AM
Wednesday, December 9, 2009
Salaams and Salutations Beauties!!!
2009 is soon coming to an end, so I want to do MY 10 Favs of this year. Being a 'newbie' to the beauty blogging game AND a 'frugalista' I'd say my list is not filled with HIGH end make up. I not ALL on one brand, I like what I like...or what works best for ME. So without further ado:
1. MAC Mineralized Blush in Love Joy
2. Nars BLUSH (Crazed/Dolche Vita)
3. Urban Decay palettes ( I have 'sustainable and book of shadows II')
4. E.L.F studio brushes (great value)
5. Sonya Kashuk brushes ( love the blush brush)
6. Pure Lux Cosmetics shadows ( they are GREAT and a $1 per sample)
7. NYX Mega Shine lip glosses (love them so much)
8. NYX Jumbo eye Shadow pencils ( great bases)
9. Bobbi Brown Pot Rouge
10. Make Up For Ever HD foundation
That is all
Thursday, December 3, 2009
Umm Amirah asked for our 10 favorite things from 2009. As you know, product junkies tend to change fav's like we change clothes so here is my list as of today. These are not any particular order unless otherwise noted.
1. Anastasia Brow Enhancing Serum , $36
2. Clearprep FX Matte Foundation Primer and Anti-Acne Treatment, $39
3. HD Invisible Cover Foundation $40
4. Illamasqua Eye Liner Cake , $21
5. Benefit Cosmetics Get Bent Brush , $16
6. Illamasqua Eye Brow Cake , $21
7. MAKE UP FOR EVER Eyeshadow $19- any shade
8. Too Faced Shadow Insurance $17
1-8 are from Sephora. Illamasqua is available online unless you are in NY at the Times Square Sephora. As of today that store is the only one in the USA that has an in store display. I am so jelly!!!!
9. 120 Eyeshadow Pallet 2nd Edition- 29.99 http://www.bhcosmetics.com/
10. NYX Jumbo Eyeshadow Pencils 3.50 http://www.nyxcosmetics.com - If you want to set a look off use these, especially MILK and your eyes will POP! This is the best thing for cheap(low pigment) eyeshadow.
That is all for now.
Beauty by UmmAminahHonest at 6:22 PM