Salaaams and Salutation Beauties.
As we all know October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month. What have you DONE this month to support breast cancer? I bought a pack of whole coffee at Caribou Coffee....Amy's blend. I have NO way of using it so I gave it away. All for a good cause.
If you follow various beauty blogs or are an Etsy shopper, everyone had a Breast Cancer Awareness give away. COOL!!!
Well Wednesday, October 28th, 2009 is Global Pink Hijab day!!! I have about 3 to 4 pink hijabs..hmmm which one to wear. I have known many a muslimah to pass away from cancer and especially breast cancer. We as muslimahs must pass on the words about awareness, health and early detection. Please know that cancer can affect ALL women. It knows NO race, color, religion or age.
Here are some tips for Global Pink Hijab Day from FB:
National Pink Hijab Day encourages all hijab-wearing Muslimahs to don a pink hijab for the day in a show of solidarity towards finding a cure for breast cancer.
We are also encouraged to:
- Ask non-Muslims to wear a hijab for a day to see what it feels like
- Ask everyone (men included) to wear something pink in a show of solidarity
- Collect funds for charity either through donations or through 'wear a pink hijab for the day' sponsorships (usually going towards breast cancer research, such as the Susan G. Komen foundation)
- Answer any questions that may be directed to pink hijab wearers about Islam
- Show the world that Muslims are making the world a better place
- and.. OF COURSE - Increase breast cancer awareness
There is EVEN a 'Pink Hijab Photo Day Contest'..check it out here . Enter the contest..I plan on it.