Yesterday, I participated in my first hair and makeup show and it was PHENOMENAL! Check out the Beautiful Ummah Group page for the details. We had a blast! If anyone has ever done a show, you understand the adrenaline rush. Here is my favorite detail...I used all Aveda colors for this look because it was a requirement for the show, however you can get a better result from MAC. Here is how to create that smokey eye.....
- Prep and Prime the entire face and prime the eyes. I prefer the Urban Decay Primer, however a coat of your foundation will do fine.
- Layer on your favorite gold shimmer eyeshadow over the entire lid. I prefer Bronze frost.
- Under the brow use Goldmine as highlight. Blend well to erase the line of demarkation.
- Use a smokey color in the crease and near the lashes. Blend well.
- Use Goldmine to line under the eyes making sure to get as close to the lashes as possible. Use a damp brush to lay it on thick.
- Apply Black liner using the cat eye shape and extend the line put into a tail.
- Smudge the line so it is not so hard and line under the eyes as well.
- Apply goldmine under the tail and blend well.
- Do your brows, make them count!
- Smile- Your done!